BEST DOG PARKS IN ARKANSAS (NEAR ME)
Rumor has it, dog parks are the fastest-growing kind of parks in the country. And, that’s something we can get behind. We’ve rounded up the best dog parks in our area. So next time you want to spend a sunny afternoon with your best four-legged friend, check out the spots below. — And if you’re looking for an easy way to clean your pup up after a day of play, come see us and our self-wash station.
Central Arkansas Dog Parks
- MacArthur Unleashed Dog Park: This two-acre, fenced dog park is located in MacArthur Park in downtown Little Rock and opened in 2013. It has water stations and rocks for climbing, plus a separate area for dogs under 30 pounds. Located at 601 East Ninth Street, Little Rock.
- Paws Park at Murray: Located near the Arkansas River, dogs can run free in this completely shaded, two-acre park. Dog parents can relax at the picnic tables while their pups splash in the swimming tubs. Located at Murray Park on Rebsamen Road, Little Rock.
- Burns Park Dog Park: Burns Park is one of the nation’s largest municipal parks and within this massive 1,500-acre park is a little gem dedicated solely to dogs. There are three individual play areas for small, medium and large dogs. Located at Burns Park, 501 Tournament Drive, North Little Rock, AR 72118.Conway’s
- Conway PetSafe Dog Park: If your doggos need plenty of space to romp and run, Conway’s PetSafe Dog Park is a doggone good find. Featuring a huge natural area with trees, water, designated areas for large and small dogs and ample parking, this is a favorite for hoomans and dogs alike. This park is located at Acorn Kid Loop, Conway, AR 72032
- Benton Dog Park: A well-kept park with agility equipment, this is the perfect park for our Benton and Bryant dwellers and doggos. Be sure to bring some extra water as the fountains are turned off to protect pipes in the winter! Happy Wags! Find this park at 1914 U St, Benton, AR 72015
Fayetteville Dog Parks
- IAMS Dog Park: This three-acre park is divided into small- and large-breed play areas with water fountains and agility equipment. But, the biggest perk may just be the lights. While most parks close at sunset, this spot is open until 11 p.m. Located at Bryce Davis Park, 1595 N. Dartmouth Avenue, Fayetteville.
- Lake Wilson Park Off-Leash Area: While this isn’t a traditional, fenced-in park, the entire area is considered an off-leash dog park. You can walk the nature trail through the woods then let your pup take a dip in Lake Wilson. Located at 4668 S Lake Wilson Road, Fayetteville.
We get it. Your life is busy. You want to spend an afternoon with your fur-baby at the dog park, but errands are calling, and that pile of laundry seems to be growing larger by the day. Maybe it’s been raining all morning, and your pup has enough bottled-up energy to last a week. Rather than keep your furchild cooped up in the house, drop them by Hounds Lounge! With our doggie daycare, your pup can unleash those bottled-up zoomies in our 5,000 square-foot, indoor/outdoor play yard. Your dog will pawsitively have the time of their life in our supervised leash-free group play. We designate two areas by size and play-style – ensuring every pup can safely meet their next best friend.
Check out our doggie daycare page for more information.